- A resume is used in the United States for most job seekers, although a curriculum vitae, or C.V. is used for academic and medical professional's summary of work experiences.
- In many foreign countries, the term curriculum vitae is used although it is in the format of an American resume. A resume is often 1-2 pages, whereas as a curriculum vitae in America is 5+ pages long.
- A resume is your professional marketing tool and a cover letter should be included when sending to employers.
- Cover letter includes why you believe that you are a good fit for the job or explain what has prompted the career move or job change.
- IMPORTANT: If there are not enough key words/work history to match the job you are applying for, there's little hope of getting an interview.
- Begin with a CORE resume that no one will ever see that includes well written statemens that describe your accomplishments in previous positions.
- You will customize your CORE resume and it becomes a TARGETED resume for the job that you are applying for.
- Save it with the name of the company, i.e., CostcoResume.doc and change the name for each job that you apply for.
You can find fill-in EXAMPLES on this website by SDCE program in the "RESUME TEMPLATES FOR SDCE STUDENTS" section.
For Detailed Information: Our Resume Workbook is provided as a Flipbook or there is also a PDF of it at the bottom of this page if you wish to save or print it...
A few resume websites with examples:
Info from the author of the Damn Good Resume Guide - 65 RESUME EXAMPLES
Resume Genius Sample Resumes Sorted by Industry - RESUME EXAMPLES